Wednesday 6 June 2012

The Olympics and my dad

Hi guys sorry I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to postabout  the Olympics and how it is unfair for me and some other children with police men for dads. The reason for that is beacause the Olympics will be so hectic and they'll need the right kind of security so all the police men are not allowed a holiday/ one day off. This is bad because it means that we can't go on a holiday really which I think is unfair. If we did go on holiday I would choose to go in a caravan maybe borrow someones because we don't have one. That is not the only reason it is kind of unfair having a police man as a dad because he is hardly ever here. But there are up sides too like once my dad taught me how to box and he promised to have a match of it with me Abe and Betty. And once he put handcuffs on us too and they really hurt your wrists.



P.S. It is now the half term holidays. I AM HAVING AN EYE TEST TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have alwyas wanted an eye test!!!! which I know sounds wierd. But thats just how I work.

2 comments:

  1. My Dad was policeman too. He only had one weekend off a month but would often volunteer to police the football match on Saturday afternoon for the overtime. I remember my Mum telling us to be quiet because Daddy needed to sleep as he'd had to work a double shift.
    Then there was Christmas. He would have to work Christmas Day or Boxing Day but as he had small children would get looked on more favourably unless there was an emergency.
    Because he was a Policeman and had to deal with stuff that other Daddies didn't see he was probably a bit stricter with us but only for our own good. We didn't play out much or have the freedom that our friends had but I am proud that my Dad was a good, good man who looked after everybody as best he could. But he never taught me to box. You're lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you are totally right.My dad never really lay in he wasn't that kind of person just sort of a get up and get going kind I suppose althought the good thing about it was we all went on a family holiday to Wales from school and it was lovely. Thats what we told our headteacher to give her a reason to let us go. I am kind of glad my dad is as strict as he is beacuse it keeps me and my siblings in order!! My brother and him do everything together so he never looses anything where as me and my sister are awful in that sense, we are always loosing hats and gloves and stuff especially the gloves!!!!

    ReplyDelete