Friday 9 March 2012

Growing up - Me, not Her

Today, I decided to grow up and get posh makeup. So thanks to @WhiteZoey, I took myself off to the Bare Minerals makeup counter at Debenhams, in Oxford. I have always had a fear of makeup counter women, (greater even, than my fear of people touching my knees - or wind farms) being convinced that I would leave their clutches, looking like Jordon; and it appears I was not to be disappointed. Yet despite this, I spent an undisclosable amount on their product, in the vain hope, it would make me all grown up and beautiful. Which is all happily part of my midlife crisis, as I approach 40 next year.

Which will be the SAME year, that 9yr Old goes to BIG SCHOOL.....I always wonder, whether having a mother with numerous tattoo's, a red wine/gin habit and a propensity to swear inappropriately at any given time, will have an effect on her and what she will end up being.... a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess or a criminal?

If science week is anything to go by, it'll be a brain.....but if she decides on Goth, then I have JUST the makeup......



No comments:

Post a Comment