Wednesday 7 March 2012

Rules? There are none...yet...

SPIFFING?!! I blame the Enid Blyton books I let her read, against my better judgement, when she was 7. I am like the Gina Ford of books. NO Enid Blyton and NO Jaqueline Wilson. I struggle, thinking of how much I should influence her life and it takes a lot for me to ban something, so I try very hard not to. I hate the idea that I 'own' her or that she is 'mine'. As far as I see it, I am here just to guide her, as much as possible, to make the right life choices on her own and to make sure that she stays alive long enough to make them.

So far so good (she hates Justin Bieber - which I take FULL credit for) but I imagine the older she gets, the more I am going to have to be the 'rules' parent, what with DRUGS and SEX and PARTIES and then it will be a whole new ballgame. And the first thing I am going to do is ban the word 'spiffing'......

No comments:

Post a Comment