Thursday 8 March 2012

Watershed moment

9yr Old is reading Anne Frank and it just blows me away that she asked to read it. I really want my children to learn about the holocaust. Not just to learn about the millions of victims, but also to learn about the ways in which a society managed to justify to itself, the mass slaughter of it's friends and neighbours. The holocaust told me that we need to shout loudly about every little injustice we see on our streets, from racists graffiti to homophobic evangelicals on the corner of the town centre, because accepting a little hatred, will make it far easier for us to swallow a big one.

On a lighter note, I cooked a roast. My watershed moment this week, was 7yr old telling me he hated being the only boy in our family. I was so upset, I automatically tried to calculate how quickly I could have another baby, but when that plan seemed doomed to failure, I decided to cook every one of his favourite dinners and buy him lots of horrid plastic items from Argos.

Which frankly, seems to have done the trick........and before you ask, I have NO IDEA why 4yr Old has taken herself off to a seperate table.......



No comments:

Post a Comment