Tuesday 6 March 2012

Leaving me!

We are going away this weekend. I foolishly gave my husband a present of a hotel night forgetting that it would mean I had to go too. So we are leaving the three children, with my sister in law and heading off without them. Which I know will be lovely, but I find it hard to be away from them. Silly, as I seem to spend most of my time when I am with them, wishing they were a million miles away.

Anyway, 4 year old will be fine, because she is a hurricane of a child, who takes life by the balls and throws herself head first into every situation possible.

7 year old will be fine, because he is the only boy and as husband is away so much, I think he struggles with this sometimes. So the idea, to him, of spending the weekend in a house full of football and boys, will be great.

But then there is 9 year old. 9 year old doesn't do staying away. She loves home, she rarely wants play dates at other peoples houses and NEVER stays the night. Getting her on a school trip for 3 nights last year, almost gave me a nervous breakdown, which I have never fully recovered from. So I will worry and fret and look at husband with big eyes over steak and say 'I hope she is ok, shall we ring?'

And he will say 'no'. Because as any parent reading this will know,

SHE WILL BE JUST FINE.

(But I will make sure she packs Duck, just in case.....)




1 comment:

  1. Try and enjoy it...The little ones will be fine...so try to focus on you having a good time. At the end of the day, it won't make a difference whether you spend the time worrying about them...Enjoy- you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete